THE HISTORICAL FICTION BUNDLE
Curated by Charlotte E. English
History is made up of stories, and those stories are vast, and varied beyond compare. The Historical Fiction bundle comprises a total of ten terrific titles by top-notch authors, together representing exactly this breadth and variety of experience. These stories blend real-world historical settings with romance, adventure, fantasy and mystery to bring you whole worlds of fun! You’ll visit ancient Egypt, the Americas, the Caribbean, Great Britain and Japan; you’ll meet pirates and warriors, witches and princesses, detectives, time-travellers and more.
- Lousia Locke offers a trip to Victorian San Francisco with her terrific Annie Fuller mystery novels. If you’re a subscriber to the StoryBundle newsletter, you’ll get the first title, Maids of Misfortune, for free! The second book, Uneasy Spirits,is part of our basic bundle, along with four other fantastic titles. Take a walk through ancient Egypt with Libbie Hawker’s House of Rejoicing, the first part of a captivating series featuring the famous Nefertiti. Travis Heermann will spirit you away to 13th-century Japan in Sword of the Ronin, an intricate novel blending the tale of a lone warrior with myth and fantasy. You’ll go on a thrilling pirate adventure with Helen Hollick in Sea Witch! Here be pirates! And magic, and romance, and combat upon the high seas! And I’ll introduce you to a re-imagined Regency England in Miss Landon and Aubranael, which mixes a refined tale of life among the gentry with fairytales, magic and folklore.
And that’s just the basic bundle! You’ll get all of that for $3. For $12 or more, you’ll receive all five books plus four more terrific titles. The second part to Libbie Hawker’s saga of pharoahs and queens, Storm in the Sky, will be yours, along with the further adventures of Helen Hollick’s pirate hero Jesamiah Acorne in Pirate Code. InMercenary, David Gaughran tells the thrilling (and true!) story of Lee Christmas, an American embroiled in revolution in nineteenth-century Latin America. And on top of all of that, Sarah Woodbury will take you time-travelling back to medieval Wales in Footsteps in Time, an enthralling tale of romance, fantasy and adventure.
It’s a great pleasure to work with StoryBundle in bringing you this world tour in time, and I think you’re going to love these imaginative, adventuresome, intriguing and history-steeped stories! – Charlotte E. English
The initial titles in the Historical Fiction Bundle (minimum $3 to purchase) are:
- Sea Witch by Helen Hollick
- Miss Landon & Aubranael by Charlotte E. English
- House of Rejoicing by Libbie Hawker
- Sword of the Ronin by Travis Heermann
- Uneasy Spirits by M. Louisa Locke
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $12, you get all five of the regular titles, plus these outstanding books:
- Pirate Code by Helen Hollick
- Mercenary by David Gaughran
- Storm in the Sky by Libbie Hawker
- Footsteps in Time by Sarah Woodbury
Also, you can get Maids of Misfortune by M. Louisa Locke for free, just for being a StoryBundle newsletter subscriber! Make sure to grab Maids before reading Uneasy Spirits, also found in the Historical Fiction bundle!
Our curator, on the authors and books in this bundle:
Uneasy Spirits and Maids of Misfortune by M. Louisa Locke
- Lousia Locke was one of the first self-published authors I ever read, and among the first to show me how terrific they can be. Her novels are beautifully researched, and Annie Fuller is one of my favourite lady detectives. It’s a pleasure to be able to include not one but two of these titles in this bundle.
Mercenary by David Gaughran
David Gaughran delights in writing stories set in locations rarely chosen by others, and his novels of Latin America are unusual and packed with adventure. I’m delighted to be able to include Mercenary, which is the only book in this bundle to feature a real-life hero with a true story.
Sea Witch and Pirate Code by Helen Hollick
Helen Hollick is a writer whose books have adorned my shelves for years. Known for her Arthurian trilogyPendragon’s Banner, she has since proved that she has a real flair for adventure and romance on the high seas as well. Jesamiah Acorne’s adventures will delight those who loved Pirates of the Caribbean – and if you enjoy a little magic and witchery as well, all the better!
Sword of the Ronin by Travis Heermann
Travis Heermann’s books are intricate and beautifully researched. They offer an absorbing glimpse into medieval Japanese life, and his Ronin’s story is absorbing and inspiring. I particularly enjoy the delicacy with which he has blended the historical with folklore and fantasy; the result is a rich and exciting story.
Footsteps in Time by Sarah Woodbury
There’s something so enthralling — and intriguing — about the prospect of stepping back in time and experiencing a lost era. Books like Sarah Woodbury’s offer not only an exciting way back but an absorbing view of alternate history, and her vision of medieval Wales is captivating.
House of Rejoicing and Storm in the Sky by Libbie Hawker
Libbie Hawker tackles a period both popular and curiously neglected in historical fiction. The mystique, atmosphere and exoticism of ancient Egypt has fascinated many generations of scholars and dreamers alike. Libbie’s books offer an enthralling tale of royalty, religion and female power, and they feature the ever-fascinating Nefertiti to boot.
Miss Landon & Aubranael by Charlotte E. English
The Regency is among my favourite periods of history. In this book, I’ve blended it with some of my other favourite things – folklore, magic and the fae – to produce an alternate, and magical, vision of England in times past. I’ve also filled it with beautiful illustrations to bring my alternate historical world to life. I love my Regency fairytale, and I hope you will too.
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $3): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you’re not just getting five books, you’re getting nine, plus an extra one for being a newsletter subscriber!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.